Adoption Case Worker (MSW or LCSW, 2 Open Positions (Central Virginia & Virginia Beach Area)
• Screen and counsel prospective adoptive parents as they begin the home study process.
• Conduct adoption home studies and post placement/post adoption supervision and reporting.
• Facilitate adoptions from initial match through the relinquishment process with adoptive clients and birth-parents.
• Coordinate out-of-state adoptions with other agencies and professionals through ICPC Completion.
• Conduct marketing and outreach activities to hospitals and clinics.
• Prepare written reports and prepare/file documents, all in compliance with Virginia state law, VADSS regulations, Hague standards and Agency expectations/office procedures.
• Meet Agency standards for performance, including goals set for services delivered.
• Work collaboratively with other Agency staff members.
• Other tasks as assigned including assisting with all aspects of administrative duties as needed.
• MA, MSW or LPC or LCSW, required
• Experience in the field of adoption, knowledge of and experience in adoption practices, required.
• Demonstrated administrative skills.
• Knowledge of adoption related resources and services (pre and post placement/adoption) within the general community.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Forever Families serves families throughout the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel to any location in Virginia (two day trips) to meet with client families.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook).
• This is a part-time, PRN position.
• Compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. The FFAS office is located in Middleburg, VA, and candidate will be expected to attend meetings in our office approximately several times a year.