Adoption Case Worker (MSW or LCSW, 2 Open Positions)
• Screen and counsel prospective adoptive parents as they begin the home study process.
• Conduct adoption home studies and post placement/post adoption supervision and reporting.
• Facilitate adoptions from initial match through the relinquishment process with adoptive clients and birth-parents.
• Coordinate out-of-state adoptions with other agencies and professionals through ICPC Completion.
• Conduct marketing and outreach activities to hospitals and clinics.
• Prepare written reports and prepare/file documents, all in compliance with Virginia state law, VADSS regulations, Hague standards and Agency expectations/office procedures.
• Meet Agency standards for performance, including goals set for services delivered.
• Work collaboratively with other Agency staff members.
• Other tasks as assigned including assisting with all aspects of administrative duties as needed.
• MSW or LCSW, required
• Experience in the field of adoption, knowledge of and experience in adoption practices, required.
• Demonstrated administrative skills.
• Knowledge of adoption related resources and services (pre and post placement/adoption) within the general community.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Forever Families serves families throughout the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel to any location in Virginia (two day trips) to meet with client families.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook).
• This is a part-time, PRN position.
• Compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level. The FFAS office is located in Middleburg, VA, and candidate will be expected to spend 5-10 hours a week in the office completing administrative support, but position is primarily home and community based.
Office Assistant (PT)
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of activities independently and as a team member. Accuracy, attention to detail, excellent organizational, problem solving, written and verbal skills along with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Must be able to handle sensitive information with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
Job Responsibilities: Manage client calls with a high level of customer satisfaction and accuracy, process mail, prepare home study and post placement reports submitted by social workers, filing, update client database, invoice clients, process all new client applications and maintain accurate filing according to FFAS and VADSS licensing standards, process client paperwork, request client references and clearances, guide clients as they go through the adoption paperwork process, respond to client's needs on a daily basis to provide the best customer service capable, assist Executive Director and adoption case workers as necessary, other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker (prefer experience but will train), working knowledge of business English, spelling, and math, knowledge of office practices, procedures and business equipment, excellent organizational and communication skills. Prefer BA/BS in a human services field; will consider high school diploma with significant administrative work experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kirsten Wicht at Kwicht@ffasva.org and use "Adoption Caseworker" or "Office Assistant" as your email subject line.
In your cover letter please describe your specific interest in the position and explain how your experience and skills are applicable.
Address: FFAS, P.O. Box 2085, Middleburg, Virginia 20118