FFAS is looking for an experienced social worker (MSW or LCSW)!
• Screen and counsel prospective adoptive parents as they begin the home study process.
• Conduct adoption home studies and post placement/post adoption supervision and reporting.
• Facilitates adoptions from initial match through the relinquishment process with adoptive clients and birth-parents.
• Coordinates out-of-state adoptions with other agencies and professionals through ICPC Completion.
• Conducts marketing and outreach activities to hospitals and clinics.
• Prepares written reports, and prepares and files documents, all in compliance with Virginia state law, VADSS regulations, Hague standards and Agency expectations/office procedures.
• Meets Agency standards for performance, including goals set for services delivered.
• Works collaboratively with other Agency staff members.
• Other tasks as assigned including assisting with all aspects of administrative duties as needed.
• MSW or LCSW, required
• Experience in the field of adoption, knowledge of and experience in adoption practices, required.
• Demonstrated administrative skills.
• Knowledge of adoption related resources and services (pre and post placement/adoption) within the general community.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Forever Families serves families throughout the entire Commonwealth of Virginia. Candidate must be willing to occasionally travel to any location in Virginia (two day trips) to meet with client families.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (primarily Word, Excel and Outlook).
• This is a part-time, PRN position.
• The FFAS office is located in Middleburg, VA, and candidate will be expected to spend 5-10 hours a week in the office completing administrative support, but position is primarily home and community based.
• Compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
• FFAS does not offer benefits at this time.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Kirsten Wicht at Kwicht@ffasva.org and use "Adoption Caseworker" as your email subject line.
In your cover letter please describe your specific interest in this position and explain how your experience and skills are applicable.
Address: FFAS, P.O. Box 2085, Middleburg, Virginia 20118